Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Honey Wholemeal Milk Loaf


I am continuing to experiment with wholemeal bread in hope to make it as healthy as possible.

This is a variation to my 90% wholemeal bread. This time round, I replaced sugar with honey. Honey, I presumed, should be healthier than sugar. I also reduced the amount of salt.

This bread is baked in my Song-Cho Breadmaker.


Ingredients:

270g organic wholemeal flour
30g cake flour
2 + 1/2 tbsp milk powder
2 + 1/2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp instant yeast
1 large egg
95g milk
75g plain yogurt

How to do:

1. Pour the wet ingredients into the bread barrel 1st, followed by the flour(s) & lastly the yeast.
2. Select menu '5. Sweet' on the breadmaker & press start.

I didn't let the bread proof on the full cycle on my BM as I was checking the state of the bread and when I felt it was ready for baking, I stopped the sweet mode and started the bake cycle.

I am very pleased with this recipe as it yielded what I feel is a perfect loaf of bread - no dented top!


:: Perfect Loaf of Honey Wholemeal Bread ::


:: Slice it up and it is perfect for breakfast ::


:: The wholemeal bread is soft and stays soft till the next day ::


Not only is this bread healthy, it is very yummy too! It is soft with a tinge of honey fragrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment