Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Non Bake Mango Cheesecake with Baked Tart Base

Non bake mango cheese cake is really one of the easiest dessert to do. No baking or cooking required. It is also very flexible. For me, I prefer a less pronounce cheeee taste so I add more fruit puree. The end result is a very fruity with tinge of cheese savoury. The texture is creamy, a cross between mousse and ice cream.

:: Non Bake Mango Cheesecake with Tart Base ::

Normally most nonbake cheescake recipe will use crushed digestive biscuits with butter for the base. This time round I use a tart base which requires baking. I personally prefer it as the butter taste is not so strong, but my family prefers the nonbake version. In any case, the ratio for the nonbake base that I used previously digestive biscuit : butter is  2 : 1, means for example, 100g digestive biscuits, use 50g butter. Just crush the biscuits, melt the butter and mix together.

For the baked tart base, please refer to my previous post here, the amount is for 8 tart shells.
I use about 15g of dough for each mini cheesecake and made 12 mini base and left with about 50g of dough. Bake for 12 min in my morris tabletop oven @ 140 degree on knob (160 degree on thermometer).

The recipe for this mango cheese cake is modified from Lirongs.

Ingredients for cheesecake fillings:

100g cream cheese (soften at room temp)
120g mango puree
1tsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp gelatin powder
1 & 1/2 tbsp water
100ml non dairy whipping cream

Optional:
Small mango cubes

How to do:

1. Beat the non dairy whipping cream till firm peak and set aside in the fridge for later use.
2. Place 1 & 1/2 tbsp water in a bowl and sprinkle 1/2 tbsp gelatin powder on top, let it stand for about 10min.
3. Place the bowl in pot of simmering water and stir till fully dissolve and set aside.
4. Cream the cream cheese till smooth (I use a manual hand whisk)
5. Mix the mango puree, lemon juice and gelatin mixture till well-combined.
6. Add the mixture to the cream cheese and mixture till smooth.
7. Finally, combine the whipping cream with the mixture till well mix.
8. Pour into the moulds with the tart base at the bottom and chill in the fridge till the cheese fillings set.

It takes about 3 hours to set in my fridge, but I only remove from moulds the next day (12hrs later) as I want to give them more time to set and firm up.

I did not use any sugar here as my non dairy whipping cream is already slightly sweeten and the mango puree is already quite sweet. If you prefer it to be sweeter, you can add powder sugar to the cream cheese and cream together till it fully dissolves.

If adding the mango cubes, fill the moulds with cheesecake mixture till half full, add in the cubes then fill up the moulds fully. I didn't add in mango cubes but I cut the mango into strips and dress it up like a rose.

:: Pretty Mango Rose on Mini Mango Cheesecake ::

No comments:

Post a Comment